If you are wondering how to make hazel eyes pop, you are in for a treat! You have probably seen a lot of videos and read many fashion mags that claim there’s specific palettes of eyeshadow colors that will make your eyes pop. Keep in mind that there are generally flecks of different colors in hazel eyes, which you can use to your benefit. Using different makeup colors is a terrific way to bring these colors out and add glimmer and sheen to your orbs. Check out the 10 best eye makeup looks for hazel eyes that will make them pop and make you look gorgeous!
- Makeup Looks: Opt for subtle makeup looks with warm tones, peach blush, and bronzer to perfectly complement hazel eyes.
- Lipstick Shades: Dusty pink, soft nude, and dull orange look stunning on people with hazel eyes.
- Highlighter: Using a touch of highlighter in the inner corner of the eyes makes them look brighter and more vibrant.
- Hair Color: Deep shades like copper, caramel, and warm chestnut brown are perfect for hazel eyes. You can also get golden blonde highlights to make your eyes pop.
In This Article
How To Make Hazel Eyes Pop?
Here, I’ve compiled a list of 10 best eye makeup looks which make your hazel eyes pop and look flattering. Check them out!
- Purple Smokey
- Hot Pink Eyes
- Gold And Black Glitter
- Eyes Of A Mermaid
- Bronze Goddess
- Tropical Sunset
- Classic Black Smokey
- Hide And Seek Pink
- Royal Blue
- Simple Cat Eye
1. Purple Smokey Eye Makeup
A great way to bring out the color of your eyes is to use colors from the opposite side of the color wheel. Purple tones are secondary colors that fall around the opposite side of the color wheel and complement hazel eyes well. In order to achieve this look, bright purple, aubergine, and black shades with intense pigmentation have been used.
Products To Create Purple Smokey Look
- Eyeshadows by MAC.
- Eyeliner by Makeup Revolution.
- Mascara and false lashes.
Tutorial on How To Get Purple Smokey Look
- Start by packing on some of the bright purple on the lid, but don’t extend the color too much.
- Go over it with the aubergine shade and blend it on the outside corner and crease. Then, using the black eyeshadow, define the outer corner.
- Using a clean brush, blend it out so that there are no harsh lines.
- Apply a line of mascara.
- Attach the falsies for a seamless and natural look.
This Purple Smokey eye look is more suitable for women with brown hair and Pale skin.
Hazel eyes brown hair girl looks so beautiful as compared to others.
2. Hot Pink Eye Makeup
Adding bright colors to your eyes is a definite way to make them stand out. A hot pink eyeshadow would do just that. Using a primer before applying the eyeshadow is a good way to start since it prevents the eyeshadow from melting into the creases.
Products Required to Create Hot Pink Eye Makeup Look
- Peach Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Shimma Shimma Eyeshadows by MUG .
- Melt Cosmetics Radioactive Stack in the shade Radioactive.
How to Get Hot Pink Eye Makeup Look?
- The way to achieving this bright pink look is by starting off at the crease with a hot pink shade. Take your time in blending it out, because that makes all the difference. Work with a little amount of product at a time to get a diffused look.
- Now pack on a frosty shade at the center of the eyelid and the browbone. Use a clean fluffy brush to blend the colors.
- Dab some purple kohl from on the outer corner of your waterline as well as the center and blend.
- Finally, to finish this look, use some mascara and a purple liner to create a wing. Your hazel eyes will pop through these gorgeous fuchsia colors!
This Hot Pink Eye Makeup look is more suitable for Warm skin tones.
3. Black and Gold Glitter Eye Makeup
Gold and black – A powerful combination. The gold makes the flecks in the eyes pop out and the black adds a strong contrast with hazel eyes. To achieve this look, you will need a pigmented gold with micro glitter and a gray-black shade.
Products to Create Gold And Black Glitter Look
- Eyeshadows by MAC.
- Eyeshadows by MakeUp Revolution.
- False lashes by Red Cherry.
How To Do Black and Gold Glitter Eye Makeup?
- Start off by priming the eyelid and going over it with a neutral shade matching your complexion in order to create a transition shade.
- Using sticky tape, apply the black eyeshadow along the lower lash line to create a refined line as shown.
- Next, work the metallic black shade on the outer corner and crease.
- Continue from the outer corner to the lower lash line to derive a smokey look.
- It is now time for the gold! Pack some of the product into the center and the rest of the eyelid. Build the product up slowly to prevent fallout.
- Pop some of this lightly in the inner corners as well.
- Finish with fake lashes or just mascara.
This Gold and black glitter look is generally suitable for all skin tones. But, the blonde-haired girls can make their hazel eyes pop with this look.
4. Mermaid Eye Makeup Look
Blue, green, and purple is a beautiful combination. It often reminds us of mermaids. These colors create a magical look and bring out the color of your eyes. Prep and prime your eyelid as you normally would and create a neutral base. For this look, we need to start from the outside and work towards the inside. Since this look is a mermaid look, make sure that all the colors that you will be using from the next step are shimmer.
Products To Create This Look
- Mineral eyeshadow powders by Caylin Cosmetics
- Maybelline Falsies mascara
Mermaid Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Taking a subtle orange shade, go over the area above your crease.
- Next, use a purple shade to apply at the outer corners, crease, and bottom lashline.
- Use a clean brush to blend the orange and purple.
- With a metallic blue kohl, line the upper and lower lash lines.
- Now, grab a metallic blue and cover your eyelid with it and blend.
- Then, take a bit of green onto the brush and apply it at the center of the eyelid.
- Use a clean brush to blend out any harsh lines.
- Once you are happy with the colors and their transitions, dab some highlighter on the inner corner of your eyes, and finish with some mascara.
This Mermaid Eye Makeup is one of the best choices for all All skin tones.
5. Bronze Goddess Eye Makeup
Bronze eye makeup will make you look brazen and sharp. It compliments the gold flecks in your hazel eyes, and it’s a great look for all occasions. This look will require shades of bronze and copper, and an eyeliner.
Products To Create Bronze Goddess Eye Makeup Look
- Eyeshadows from the Naked palette by Urban Decay
- Illamasqua gel eyeliner
Bronze Goddess Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Prep and prime your eyelid and brow bone.
- For this look, we see that the eyeshadow is extending in a sharp line. To achieve this, place the tape along the lower lash line extending slightly past the eye socket near the temple area of the face.
- Apply a copper shade over the eyelid.
- Now take the bronze shade and apply it into the crease and brow bone.
- Using a clean fluffy brush, diffuse it out.
- Finally, create a winged line with a navy blue liner and top it with mascara.
Bronze Goddess Eye look is more suitable for warm tones or dark skin.
6. Tropical Sunsets
Can’t go on vacation anytime soon? Bring the vacation to you! Hues like orange, purple, and gold, are bound to add brightness to your eyes (and mood) and make them pop.
Products To Create Tropical Sunset Look
- Mi Vida Loca eyeshadow palette by Kat Von D.
- 24 karat glam liner by Nyx Cosmetics.
- Ardell lashes in 160 black.
How To Do Tropical Sunset Eye Makeup?
- Begin by prepping and priming your eyelids.
- Apply a yellow eyeshadow under the brow bone to start off the gradient look.
- Next, apply an orange-toned eyeshadow a bit lower than the first layer.
- With a clean fluffy brush, diffuse these colors so that there are no sharp lines.
- Pack some purple eyeshadow at the center and outer corner and blend them out as shown in the image.
- It is now time for the bling to top it off – the gold winged liner. The gold adds quite the contrast to the purple and brings out the gold flecks in hazel eyes.
- Finish with false lashes or mascara.
This is one of the best suited and favorite look for Fair skin tones.
7. Classic Black Smokey Eye Makeup
You cannot and will not go wrong with the classic black smokey eye. The intensity of the black will bring out the color of your eyes. It provides a strong contrast to the warm colors found in hazel eyes.
Products To Create Classic Black Smokey Look
- Naked eyeshadow palette by Urban Decay.
- Perversion mascara by Urban Decay.
Tutorial on How To Get Classic Black Smokey Look?
- Once you have primed your eyelids, use a neutral brown tone suitable for your skin under the brow bone so that a perfect transition can be created.
- Pack the black eyeshadow onto the eyelid in batches.
- Slowly build the product to achieve the required intensity.
- Use a clean fluffy brush to blend it out.
- Apply some of the product under the lower lash line as well.
- Using a black kohl, line the upper and lower lash line.
- Finish with mascara.
This classic black smokey look is more suitable for fair and warm skin tones.
8. Hide And Seek Pink Eye Makeup For Girl With Brown Hair And Hazel Eyes
This is a spinoff of a winged liner. Instead of going for a plain winged liner, you can make your eyes stand out by adding a hint of color and sparkle. In this look, the color being used is pink. You can use any other color, but make sure that it is bright.
Products To Create Hide And Seek Pink Look
- Pink eyeliner by Shu Uemura
- Black eyeliner by Bobbi Brown
How To Get This Hide And Seek Pink Look?
- Prime and prep your eyelids.
- To create this look, use a black liner to create wings as you normally would.
- Then, create a line underneath the black line of the extended wing with the pink one as shown.
- Put some shimmer on the inner corner.
- Finish with a coat of mascara.
Hide and Seek Pink Look is most suitable for all skin tones.
9. Royal Blue Eye Makeup For Hazel Eyes Brown Hair Female
Although this shade isn’t completely royal blue, it is along those lines and it definitely looks regal. This is a sure shot way to make your eyes pop.
Products To Create Royal Blue Look
- Seventeen Single Eyeshadow in the shade Regal.
- Kiko eyeshadow stick in the shade 31.
- Revlon Single Eyeshadow in the shade Periwinkle.
How To Get Royal Blue Look?
- Start off by priming your eyelids and applying a neutral base.
- Pack a navy blue shade onto the eyelids in such a way that it looks intense and pigmented.
- Now, take a fluffy brush and blend it.
- Apply a lilac shade at the inner thirds of the eyelids and diffuse it with the previously applied navy blue.
- Use a neutral brown shade to blend out the harsh lines under the brow bone. Use a clean fluffy brush so that the transition is clean.
- Apply some lilac kohl on the lower lash line and finish with a winged liner and mascara.
This Royal Blue look is most suitable for Warm undertones.
10. Simple Cat Eye Makeup
A simple flick goes a long way. When you don’t have any time but want to add an oomph factor to your eyes, wing out that eyeliner and you’re good to go. It will add definition and depth to your beautiful hazel orbs. I understand that it can be a challenge to do your makeup when you are in a hurry. A simple cat eye will make it look like you have put some effort into it.
Products To Create Simple Cat Eye Look
- Maybelline Gel Eyeliner.
- Perversion mascara by Urban Decay.
How To Get Simple Cat Eye Look?
- The trick to perfecting the cat eye is small strokes.
- Start from the inner corner and remember not to pile on too much product in one go to avoid smudging. You can always build it up later.
- Now comes the tricky part – the wing. Remember that the wing is supposed to be an extension of your lower lash line.
- Follow its path and you can’t go wrong. If you are worried about whether or not your hands are stable enough to do this, you can use a card of some sort and place it under your eye along the path of the outer corner of the lower lash line.
- When you are satisfied with the line, you can join it with the rest and fill in any gaps.
- Finish with mascara.
It is also most suitable for all skin tones.
For ultimate radiance, follow up your eye makeup with your favorite lipstick or gloss. Do not forget to add a subtle tint to your cheeks for a natural rosy lustre. Follow the tips given below to make your hazel orbs twinkle even more.
Other Tips To Make Hazel Eyes Pop
Apart from the eyeshadow colors you use, there are a few other ways to bring out your hazel eyes.
- Many people ask “What hair color makes hazel eyes pop?” – I can say that Hair color plays a major role in bringing out the color in your eyes, and I personally suggest brown hair or blonde hair are the best shades that do so.
- Dress Colors that Make Hazel Eyes Pop – The color of your outfit can also make your eyes pop. When you have hazel eyes, wearing all black can help intensify your eyes. Wearing shades of green and khaki can also brighten them. Some other complementary colors you may choose for your hazel eyes include gold, pink, and purple.
- Inner Corner Eye Makeup – Enhancing the inner corner of your eyes with light and shimmery eyeshadow can make your hazel eyes pop even more. Consider using champagne or light gold shades to highlight the inner corners, creating a bright and captivating effect.
- Colored Mascara for Hazel Eyes – Another fun way to enhance your hazel eyes is by experimenting with colored mascara. Choose a mascara in shades like deep green or plum to bring attention to your eye color. It can add a playful and unique element to your look while emphasizing the richness of your hazel eyes.
Infographic: Tips To Make Your Hazel Eyes Stand Out
There is no denying that hazel eyes look super pretty and can make you a showstopper almost effortlessly. That is why there are many ways to accentuate them. To help you out, we have created an infographic that consists of a few more clever ways to make those gorgeous eyes of yours turn people’s heads. Scroll down and check it out!
If you have hazel eyes, you are blessed without a doubt. People with hazel eyes look ravishing at all times. And when they go creative and define their eyes with makeup, they look no less than perfect. So, learn how to make hazel eyes pop from the above discussion and get ready to grab the crowd’s attention. Typically, warm-toned makeup complements hazel eyes better than cool tones. Whether you go for purple smokey eye makeup, hot pink eye makeup, or any other looks, you know nothing can take the shine away from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are hazel eyes rarer than blue?
Yes, hazel eyes are rarer than blue eyes.
Is hazel a real eye color?
Yes, hazel eye color is a light or yellowish-brown color. It may also have specks of green, brown, and gold in the center.
Do hazel eyes get lighter with age?
No, hazel eyes do not get lighter with age. However, they may become darker with age.
Do hazel eyes change color with mood?
The way that light is reflected into the iris may create the appearance of a color change. Additionally, certain clothing colors and accessories may also cause the light to reflect in the eyes, causing them to appear lighter or darker.
- You can use bright colors, such as hot pink, purple, or orange to make hazel eyes stand out.
- A classic black smokey eye can provide a strong contrast to your warm hazel eyes and make them pop.
- Some other colors you can use to make your hazel orbs stand out include gold, bronze, and royal blue.
- Along with your makeup, brown hair or blonde hair and clothes in shades of green, khaki, and black can also make your eyes pop.
This video tutorial reveals the ultimate secrets to making your gorgeous hazel eyes sparkle like never before. Watch it now and get inspired with an amazing outfit of the day!